Wal-Mart vs. The Government
First let’s check Wal-Mart
1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at WalMart Every hour of every day.
2. This works out to $20,928 every minute!
3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St.
4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger
+ Target +Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world’s largest private employer, and most speak English.
6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.
7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway
combined, and keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.
8. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.
9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.
11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur
at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth’s population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)
12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.
Perhaps we should hire the guys who run
Wal-Mart to fix the economy.
Wal-Mart was founded in January 2000 by Sam Walton with the philosophy of total customer satisfaction, “Satisfaction Guaranteed”, Every Associate, clerk, staff member and employee’s goal is to achieve Sam Walton’s dream of putting the customer first. And it looks like they are succeeding.
Now it’s the Government’s turn
This is an opportunity for all political parties to read about the past and work to improve our future, from
President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature. Send a copy of this paper to your representatives.
a.. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had about 234 years to get it right and it is broke.
b.. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 78 years to get it right and it is broke.
c.. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 75 years to get it right and it is broke.
d.. War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 49 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to “the poor” and they are still with us..
e.. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 48 years to get it right and they are broke.
f.. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had42 years to get it right and it is broke.
g.. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000
employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 35 years to get it right
and it is a failure.
Those we have elected have FAILED in every “government service” while overspending our tax dollars.
AMERICA: a country where we have homeless without shelter, children and adults going to bed hungry, elderly going without ‘needed’ quality help, and mentally ill without treatment …….etc,etc.
What happened to the old rule, “Charity begins at home”? That is another value we have discarded thanks to our elected officials… both parties! In God we Trust……really? Lets put the Ten Commandments back in the court houses.
Both Democratic and Republican Parties are good at giving “Lip Service”. Why? Because only 25% of the eligible voters bother to vote.